The Great Wall Trailer (2017)
Trailer for The Great Wall.
Starring global superstar Matt Damon and directed by one of the most breathtaking visual stylists of our time, Zhang Yimou (Hero, House of Flying Daggers), Legendary’s The Great Wall tells the story of an elite force making a valiant stand for humanity on the world’s most iconic structure. The first English-language production for Yimou is the largest film ever shot entirely in China. The Great Wall also stars Jing Tian, Pedro Pascal, Willem Dafoe and Andy Lau.
You may not be familiar with Director Yimou Zhang, but he has quite a few films under his belt like:
Here are some interesting facts about the Great Wall of China:
1. The official length is 21,196.18 km (13,170.7 mi)
2. The Great Wall is more than 2,300 years old.
3. Badaling is the most visited section (63,000,000 visitors a year). And in the first week of May and October, the visitor flow can be up to 70,000 per day.
4. The average height of the Great Wall at Badaling and Juyong Pass is 7.88 meters, and the highest place is 14 meters high.
5. Since 1644, when the Ming Dynasty was overthrown, no further work has been done on the Great Wall (for military purposes — some has been restored for tourism).
What an interesting story line on the purpose for the Great Wall of China
It is quite a shocker when you all the sudden see Matt Damon appear in historic China as a defender for the Great Wall. Matt seems to not fit is as he does his best impression of Legolas, but Orlando Bloom had much better hair.
The visuals in this film look amazing and such a grand scale. This trailer does an overall okay job at introducing viewers to this unique story, but hopefully in the next one we actually get to see the beasts.
1 min 28 sec
July 28, 2016
February 17, 2017
No Music Available